2017 Annual Conference
Save the dates!
We're gearing up for the 2017 PDA Annual Conference at the Doubletree by Hilton New Orleans from October 4 - 6, 2017.
If you are interested in presenting a case study or project presentation please contact Meredith Carr at
More information including online registration and hotel reservation information will be up in the coming weeks...stay tuned!
PDA's 2017 annual conference, combines both educational and information content with an exhibition hall. During the two day conference, PDA will offer Intro to Polyurea, Chemistry for the Contractor and Surface Preparation for Concrete and Steel on Wednesday. Previously, these courses were an additional fee to attend, but, we're focused on education and are offering them complimentary with a paid registration.
Thursday will kick off a full day of general session with dynamic speakers and topics geared toward formulators applicators and distributors. PDA session topics include state of the industry, innovative coatings projects, and new formulas and processes. This conference provides an excellent opportunity to network with all the top professionals in the polyurea and coatings industries.
To be a part of this event with attendees from the U.S. and a dozen other countries from around the world, register today.
NOTE: In an effort to alleviate potential attrition fees attendees will need to register for the conference first and will then be provided the link to make hotel accommodations.
At the heart of everything, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans is located at the base of historic Canal Street. We’re directly across from the French Quarter and on the edge of the bustling Central Business District. This area includes the famous Bourbon Street, Jackson Square, and Royal Street. Our location also boasts proximity to Harrah's Casino, gastro-pubs, craft cocktail hot spots and music venues. The New Orleans Convention Center, Audubon Aquarium, and Mercedes-Benz Superdome are just a few short blocks away.
In 2016, the Doubletree underwent a $25 million renovation. Each transformed guest rooms feature modern decor and outstanding amenities. Features also include a large work desk, WiFi access, and our signature warm chocolate chip cookie. Enjoy a guaranteed one-of a-kind view with each room overlooking the Crescent City’s best downtown destinations, attractions, and the mighty Mississippi River.
NOTE: Various telemarketing firms with names like Corporate Booking Services Company (CBS International),Global Housing Services Corporation, National Travel Associates and others have contacted PDA attendees in the past to solicit hotel reservations for the PDA Annual Conference.
None of these companies are affiliated with PDA or the Doubletree by Hilton New Orleans. They are not authorized to book rooms in the name of PDA. There is great risk in booking hotel rooms at the Doubletree or outside of the PDA website link. At some recent shows in New Orleans, attendees were contacted, made reservations and put deposits down through a similar agency. The agency went out of business prior to the show and all people with reservations made through the third party lost their deposits. In addition, they had no room reservations for that show.
The only secure method of reserving PDA rooms at the negotiated rate is through the PDA link.
This New Orleans hotel boasts a convenient location between the French Quarter and the Arts District in downtown New Orleans. Enjoy the best of both worlds with easy access to the city’s top restaurants and entertainment venues. Dozens of New Orleans attractions and countless shops, art galleries, and museums only minutes away.
Spend an evening in Harrah’s Casino, or take a stroll around the lively French Quarter. The most famous street in the French Quarter is the historic Bourbon Street, just four blocks from this New Orleans, LA hotel. Discover more about a bug’s life at the Audubon Insectarium, or find out about the life aquatic at the nearby Audubon Aquarium. The knowledgeable staff at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans are happy to assist you in planning all your sightseeing, transportation, and entertainment needs; from jazz joints to riverboat rides.
Wednesday, October 04, 2017
|Registration Open||7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Introduction to Polyurea||8:00 - 11:30 a.m.|
|Chemistry for the Contractor||8:00 - 11:30 a.m.|
|Lunch on Own||11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.|
|Exhibitor Set-up||12:00 - 5:00 p.m|
|Surface Prep for Concrete and Steel||12:30 - 4:00 p.m.|
|PDA Board Meeting||4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|PDA Board Dinner||6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
Thursday, October 05, 2017
|Registration Open||7:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.|
|Exhibit Hall Open||7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Breakfast with Exhibitors||7:30 - 8:30 a.m.|
|Opening Comments||8:30 - 9:00 a.m.|
|PDA Committee Reports (Industry Relations, Education and Finance)||9:00 - 9:30 a.m.|
|General Membership Meeting (Open Business and Nominations for Board)||9:30 - 9:45 a.m.|
|Coffee Break with Exhibitors||9:45 - 10:00 a.m.|
|Economic Update||10:00 - 10:30 a.m.|
|Overseas project Presentation - David DeStefano, TQ3 North America||11:00 - 11:45 a.m.|
|Lunch with Exhibitors/Keynote presentation||11:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|Speaker 1||1:00 - 1:30 p.m.|
|Speaker 2||1:30 - 2:00 p.m.|
|Speaker 3||2:00 - 2:30 p.m.|
|Speaker 4||2:30 - 3:00 p.m.|
|Afternoon Coffee Break with Exhibitors||3:00 - 3:15 p.m.|
|Speaker 5||3:15 - 3:45 p.m.|
|Speaker 6||3:45 - 4:15 p.m.|
|Speaker 7||4:15 - 4:45 p.m.|
|Closing Remarks||4:45 - 5:00 p.m.|
|Cocktail Reception with Exhibitors||5:30 - 7:30 p.m.|
Friday, October 06
|Board Meeting||8:00 - 10:00 a.m.|
What to know
Exhibiting at the 2017 PDA Annual Conference is a great way to not only show your support for the Association, but also keep your company’s name in front of industry professionals. PDA is the one place where the vast majority of industry professionals will gather in one location for learning, networking/inspiration and conducting business (Sponsorship opportunities located on the 'Sponsor' tab).
|Single Table Top Fees|
Single table top booth fees include tent card with company name, 6 ft. skirted table, one chair, waste basket and one (1) complimentary registration.
|Double Table Top Fees|
Double table top booth fees include tent card with company name, two (2) 6 ft. skirted tables, two chairs, waste basket and two (2) complimentary registrations
Sponsoring at the 2017 PDA Annual Conference is a way to not only show your support for the Association, but also keep your company’s name in front of industry professionals. PDA is the one place where the vast majority of industry professionals will gather in one location for learning, networking/inspiration and conducting business.
We have fantastic sponsorship opportunities to fit any budget at the 2017 PDA Annual Conference and great benefits for each!
Item Sponsorship Opportunities
|Thursday AM Coffee Break||$2,500.00|
|Thursday PM Coffee Break||$2,500.00|
|Thursday Welcome Reception||$2,500.00|
Wi-Fi for General Session
|Room Key Cards||$3,000.00|
|Official Conference Lanyard||$3,000.00|
|Travel Coffee Mug||$5,000.00|
|Commemorative Conference Cloisonné Pin||$1,800.00|
|Conference Program Ad - full page / full color||$1,500.00|
|Conference Program Ad – full page / black and white||$1,000.00|
Platinum Sponsor $7,500.00
- Platinum level sponsor recognition in all conference materials
- Three (3) complimentary attendee registrations
- Double (2) tabletop booth
- Full page black and white ad in conference program
- Promotional eBlast to PDA database
- (Rotating) Banner ad on PDA’s Website from October 2017 – April 2018
- Sponsorship of educational Webinar
- Sapphire level sponsor recognition in all conference materials
- One (1) tabletop booth
- Two (2) complimentary attendee registrations
- Full page black and white ad in conference program
- Banner Ad on PDA’s Website from April - October 2017
- Two (2) complimentary attendee registrations
- Pearl level sponsor recognition in all conference materials
- Half page black and white ad in conference program
Ruby Sponsor $1,250.00
- Ruby level sponsor recognition in all conference materials
- Quarter page black and white ad in conference program
Call for 2017 Conference Speakers
The Polyurea Development Association (PDA) Planning Committee is currently reviewing potential presentations for the 2017 Annual Meeting; this is a great opportunity to share your expertise with your industry peers! Presentations will be given on Thursday, October 5, 2017.
This year’s conference will be held in New Orleans, LA, which is sure to draw a number of contractors, applicators and specifiers. The committee is looking for a variety of business and technical presentations (30–minutes each) with topics that are directly involved in meeting the needs of the contractor, applicator and/or specifier.
Possible Session Presentations:
1. Specifying Coatings for the Energy Industry: From an Architect/Engineer/Specifier on what they do to specify coatings
2. Development of Coatings for the Oil Sands Industry
3. Application of Spray Applied Coatings to help achieve LEED Certification
4. New Applications for Thick, Film Elastomeric Coatings: Illustrate with pictures and explain them and the new application
5. Advancements in thin film aliphatic technology
6. Jobs Gone Wrong: How to prepare for arbitration/mediation/litigation regarding a case involving design flaws, material failures or workmanship related issues. How do you handle a lien on real property or funds and what to do when a vendor files bankruptcy?
7. Safety: Language barriers or age & accidents or confined space entry programs/permits or spotlights
8. Effective Selling: Do you really know your customer? Identify effective internal tools and controls resulting in the accumulation of corporate data needed to negotiate work.
9. Regulatory Changes: What impact has changes in local, state or federal regulatory requirements had on day to day operations?
10. New Developments in Polyurea Coatings
11. Fire retardant coatings: Customer specifications
12. Advances in Spray Equipment
13. Importance of light stability in commercial/industrial applications
14. Advancements and/or Importance of Primers and Proper substrate preparation for coating applications.
15. How to improve your bottom line
16. Correct Product Labeling According to MSDS and TDS Sheets
17. Hazardous Waste: Correct Cleaning of Guns and Machines According to the EPA
18. Best Practices Guidelines for Architectural Coatings
19. Robotic Spray Technologies
20. Polyure vs Polyurethane: chemical and field understanding’
If you are interested in speaking at the 2017 PDA Annual Conference, please click here to download the speaker submission form.
* Required fields
What’s included in registration?
Full registration fees include admission to all events listed in the schedule, exhibit hall, conference presentations and food/networking functions. The PDA Annual Conference is open to PDA members and non-members. Fees are listed in per person amounts.
One-day registration fees include admittance to the exhibit hall, educational sessions or conference presentations and food/networking events on the day of attendance.
Hotel fees are not included with registration fee. All fees listed below are in U.S. dollars.
|Additional Booth Person||$400||$500|
Wednesday Single Ticket
Thursday Single Ticket