PDA Member Projects
Point of Interest
- Primers, sealants, putty, spray polyurea coatings and linings
- Concrete audience stands coated with grey, green and blue polyurea elastomer at a thickness of 1.5mm (59 mils) for decorative and waterproofing use
- It is over 200, 000 square meters (2.15 million ft 2 )
- Designed substrate round corners with a radius of 20 - 30mm (0.8 – 1.2 in)
- Over 350 tons polyurea was sprayed (~85,700 gallons)
Problems & Challenges
- Designed round corner on audience stand stairs
- Anti-yellowing system for long term sunshine exposure
Scope of Work
- Audience Stand with Grey, blue and green polyurea elastomer applied at 2mm (80 mils).
Site Challenges & Unforeseen Issues
- This project took 1.5 years to complete with temperature lower at -20°C (-4°F) and humidity higher than 95%.
- Concrete surface were very rough and numerous defects.
- The 29th Beijing Olympic Games was successfully held in these stadiums coated with polyurea elastomer.
Beijing 29th Olympic Games
Back to Project Index